Wednesday 12 November 2008

Rational Aikido, No need to train special breathing..??

By the interesting info issued by PADI (Aikiwago), I remembered my own experience...
I agree with the descripton contained in the article.
"The Most Important is 'Niat'(Intention/will), No need special breathing...

From my own experience of Aikido practice since 1994 until now, I hear there is a lack of healthy competition between 'Aikido institutions', I hope now is not anymore...

I do not know what that actually make it happen, just feels ironic, when Aikido hints of love, and become one with the universal, but a scar that occured not reflected these principles.
Perhaps there are readers who are also experienced when there is a sensei who blame the methods or techniques of other sensei with a variety of reasons, but they can not point the right, as their techniques are not right either, not applicable (effective), how does this... ?

There also interesting, when I heard the news/rumours that many practitioners of Aikido (the funny thing is that there are Yudansha(blackbelts) degree) searched for 'Ki' in the non-Aikido institustions, train special breathing or what???
Weird, the Aikido is certainly concerning and contain 'Ki'... How does this..?

Then, according to the information, there is a practice in Aikido Dojo only as a 'theatrical'.. How this..? Martial arts only playwright? What if something happens outside the Dojo? Please do not theatrical folks...! Self pity, pity on public...

As to Atsushi Yamada Sensei, he does not mind if we, the students do the test to the effectiveness of his techniques... from the simple grip to any attacks as difficult as we can...
And He attempt to provide rational explanation.
I continue to follow its development, such as my usual practice to the many junior(Kohai) and I 'can'... So I proud and I even feel like a crackerjack... It's shame if i remember that... :)
However, when faced with senior (Sempay) why it is often not effective? not applicable?
and the more shameful if there are new members with large and firm body, I stuck... O,Ow... I ashamed...
Then I try to discuss with the sempay also sensei and found some tricks to solve the problems, so eventually the techniques i use often contain certain tricks...

i do not satisfy with it, it's like ' self lying'. I remember what was O sensei Morihei Ueshiba said " No secret-technique in Aikido"
How much tricks can be successful? Tricks are often limited their use, may even turn into danger...

The most common trick i used is 'Thumbs attacked' (i call it so..) Where the attack shaped grip, i always attack to the direction of Uke's thumb, so the power oh Uke's grip weakened. It s quite effective, until i held by someone with Large and strong hands, and locked. I cannot move with such conditions..

Given this, I am grateful my body's condition is small and light, so those obstacles can trigger me to always improve my skill...

I am very bothered with this conditions, confused and stress. Atsushi Yamada Sensei is not there and no longer care about UAC, he was open institution in Jl. Setiabudi named Institut Aikido Indonesia-Japan. Seniors not active as tied to job. Occasionally i still communicate with Budiana (Roges). The only left is the new people that hope will having knowledges from me... God help me..!! I feel alone...

I always convey to the members of UAC in Unisba that I just 3rd Kyu, Unisba Dojo have no affiliation, and I/we do not have the right to hold the test to the increase in the level (in belts). So there is no belt ranking in UAC. (in 2008, is affiliated to Pengda Jabar and there is increased level test, alhamdulillah) ( in around 2006-2007 i was offered by my friend (Mr. Iyan) to teach Aikido at Jl. Malabar, i rejected it with the above reasons, I only 3rd kyu, The Dojo is The Public Dojo and requre trainers that competent and bonafide, Certified. The dojo now running, named SOSA MALABAR))

As i keep practicing... I did not realize taht my techniques are changed...
That's because I pray to God, beside the efforts i always done.
I do not attack the thumbs of Uke anymore. I go back to the basic concept. Niat(Intention/will), Sensing, Blending and Leading. Always keep Normal Breathing, no need special breathing...

Since 2000, i began developing my skills and teach all that i know to anyone who would like to learn. And try not to act with any pretext.. If I can't, just admit. I can not...

The funny is other 'institutions' still judge my techniques as wrong, i don't care....

I still remember around 2001, my student Ahmad Fananny, tell his friends about my ablity, there is his friend didn't believe his story and want to test. So he came to Unisba, my surprise! his posture is BIG and Firm, large his name is Ibnu.
Hmmmm, The thime to test my ability and find the truth...
Alhamdulillah, i showed how successful escape from the various attacks that he do (generally grabbing, Tori-tori or to hug from behind). Too bad it was not documented..
According to the news the next day, Ibnu was hard to wake up from bed.... he was exhausted.... hhihihihi...

Just Relax, Align intention, clean hearat and concictent.... and ACTION!

To Increas my confident, I asked Agus Hermawan (now at Cirebon) although Kohai I often powerless if he held me, I test my techniques, especially 'Morotedori Kokyu nage, ushiro" and... "It works..!!" How glad i am...
Then I try with other big one named Rommy, and Sempai Budiana, and "It Really works..!!"

I only tell my experience, sharing, not for other things and thinking...
Let my status remain 3rd Kyu, Knowledges still can be achieved from whatever kyu...

Allahumma 'qod balaghtu, FASHAD!
O Allah, i have told it, then be my Witness!

Hopefully useful,
Allahu'alam bishshowab,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Health and Nutrition

Car Insurances